Diabetes and Eye Disease
Diabetes is a very serious disease that can cause problems like blindness, heart disease, kidney failure, and amputations. But by taking good care of yourself through diet, exercise, and special medications, you can control diabetes. And there is more good news. Diabetic eye disease, a complication of diabetes, can be treated before vision loss occurs. All people with diabetes need to get a dilated eye exam at least once a year.
The Don't Lose Sight of Diabetic Eye Disease brochure includes the following information:
- What is diabetic eye disease?
- Who is most likely to get diabetic eye disease?
- Which diabetic eye disease do most people get?
- What are the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy?
- How do you know if you have it?
- How is diabetic retinopathy treated?
- Can it be prevented?
- What are some other common diabetic eye diseases?
- What can you do to protect your vision?
For More Information
To learn about diabetic eye disease, read this brochure, and visit these websites: